22 Mar Vegan Spicy Garlic Noodles
- Chilli Garlic Sauce: This sauce is interchangeable with any other brand that you can find. They tend to follow the same format of having garlic, chilli, some form of vinegar, sugar, salt and the almighty msg if you’re lucky.
- Red Onion/Shallot: I have recommended both as they are interchangeable as they are providing the same thing, sweetness. You can substitute this for white onion, just make sure you cut it small and fry it for longer.
- Prep: Like most stir-fries, you’re going to be moving fast. It helps to have everything prepped before so you have everything at hand and that nothing gets burned. Make the sauce beforehand too!
- Stirring: When you add each ingredient make sure to keep stirring. You don’t want bitter garlic or all the nice charred pieces stuck on the bottom!
- Think About The Size Of Each Cut: I hate it when stir-fries to veggies too ‘chunky’. If your peppers are cut too thick they won’t cook enough by the time everything else is done, leaving you with raw crunchy peppers…ew. I just put a little thought into each ingredient and its size. Along with great taste, this dish is also all about textures and the mouth-feel, you want a bit of everything!
Vegan Spicy Garlic Noodles
Whip up these tasty spicy garlic noodles and you'll be wanting to make a batch every night for dinner!
Servings: 2 hungry people, 4 hobbits, 20 fairies
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Whole spring onions, sliced (save some for garnish)
- 1 Red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
- 8 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 300 g Noodles/Straight to wok noodles
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
For the sauce
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tsp Chilli garlic sauce
- 4 tbsp Light soy sauce/low salt soy sauce
- Start by preparing all of the ingredients as well as the sauce. Separate them into bowls or containers and have them at hand for when we start frying. If cooking your own noodles, start boiling them.
- Add 2 tbsp of sesame oil to a large non-stick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add in the spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add in the peppers and stir-fry for around 3 minutes.
- When the veggies look done make some room in the middle and add the garlic and ginger. Pour over the other 1tbsp of sesame oil. Stir, making sure not to burn the garlic until it is fragrant.
- Add in the noodles and sauce. Turn the heat down to medium and give everything a good stir making sure everything is coated.
- Serve garnished with spring onion and sesame seeds.
Chilli Garlic Sauce used can be found here The above links are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, if you purchase the item I'll earn a little something too. I only recommend products I use and know are top notch.