09 Mar Easy Garlic Salted Green Beans
- Green Beans: To make this recipe super simple (and cheaper) just get the green beans whole. If they come prepped with tips of the stem removed great. But this is great finger food and the stems can be removed when eaten. You can also get ‘fine’ green beans which are thinner and you’ll just simmer for less time.
- Sea salt: This dish is very simple and we need every flavour to punch. Good quality sea salt will work great here!
- Unsalted water: We are salting the dish quite heavily when cooked so we omit it from the cooking water. If we add salt in the cooking water it’ll come out a salty mess.
- A good shake: Make sure you give it a really good shake so that the garlic and salt are evenly distributed with the butter.
Easy Garlic Salted Green Beans
The best and easiest way to prepare green beans to go with any dish
- 200 g Green beans, whole
- 1 tsp Vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add the green beans to a pot of unsalted boiling water. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the green beans and then add them back to the pot with the heat off.
- Add in the butter, salt and garlic.
- Cover with a lid and give it a good shake so the butter salt and garlic all infuse and coat the green beans.
- Serve with fresh black pepper to taste.